Family engagement is one of the most powerful predictors of kids’ success at school! You don’t need any experience to volunteer, just a passion for Adams’ students!
Take the Family Five-Hour Pledge this year! Five hours of volunteering from every family will create a vibrant school community and promote learning success for every student at Adams. There are volunteer opportunities that match your interests and schedule. Grandparents, older siblings, and other family members are encouraged and welcomed to volunteer!
- Greet prospective Adams families at our school’s Open House, January 16th, 5:00-6:30. Click here to volunteer!
- Help serve concessions at Family Movie Night, January 23, 6:00-7:45. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
- Help promote Adams at the 2020 School Choice Fair, January 26th, 9:30-2:30, Union Depot. Sign up for a shift here.
- Do you have fundraising or grant writing experience? We need you to help us identify and solicit donations and grants. Email Pam Marentette, email@example.com
- Translate written English to Spanish for PTO flyers and the PTO website. Email Pam Marentette, firstname.lastname@example.org
Evening Opportunities: Attend PTO meetings and volunteer at a PTO event. Upcoming meetings and events will be posted on the calendar. Our next PTO meeting is a Math Curriculum Info Session, January 23rd, 5:30 in the Adams library. Our next general meeting is February 4th, 6:00-7:00, in the Adams cafeteria.
Weekday Opportunities: Ask to volunteer in your child’s classroom or the parent resource room, or chaperone a field trip. Talk to your child’s teacher, or Adams family liaison Natalie Kemp at email@example.com.
Helping from home: If you have time at home, but it is difficult for you to come to school during the day or evening, you can help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us your interests and availability.
Leadership Opportunities: Join a PTO committee. We will have small groups of parents help plan fundraising, events, and advocacy throughout the year. Even better, consider being a PTO officer! Officers are selected each spring. Email email@example.com to find out more!
Host an intern in your home for the 2020-2021 school year, or volunteer to be a Tio Family (supporting family who doesn’t host). We will need 7 host families and 14 tio families next year. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all of our volunteers!