Adams now has two active parent leadership groups working in partnership with school staff to enhance educational opportunities for all Adams students! Both of these groups are seeking parents to serve in leadership roles for the 2021-2022 school year. More information about these opportunities is provided below.
The goal is to have parent leaders on PTO and Site Council reflect the rich diversity of our school. We highly encourage parents and caregivers from diverse backgrounds (race, ethnicity, bilingual or Spanish-language preferred, LGBTQ+, income, etc.) to consider serving in one of these roles.
1) BIPOC Site Council is a group of parents/caregivers and staff working on improving student achievement and school climate, with a focus on engaging Black, Latinx/Hispanic, Asian, Indigenous, and other parents of diverse backgrounds in the important policy decisions that impact our children’s learning and everyday experience at Adams. *The Site Council will have at least five parent officers, who will be elected in the Fall.* For more information about participating or serving in a leadership role on the Site Council, please contact parent Alan Eleria (651) 492-5990 or Principal Rob Sahli, 651-262-7408.
2) Adams PTO-Los Amigos de Adams focuses on fundraising, planning fun school events, and supporting advocacy efforts for our school community, to enhance educational opportunities at Adams. PTO funds the Amity Intern teacher program, student scholarships for the annual 5th grade trip to Concordia Language Village, and other learning and teaching supports for our students and staff.
*Adams PTO has seven parent officer positions. These positions are described below. Please contact parent Holly Moser, email@example.com, if you have any questions or are interested in any of these positions.
Adams PTO Officer descriptions
- Host PTO meetings
- Represent the PTO at Adams and in the community
- Assist other PTO officers and parent volunteers in planning events, raising money, and facilitating the Amity Intern program
- Time commitment: Varies, about 2-3 hours per week average
- Divide responsibilities with the Chair as needed, based on your interests
- Host meetings and fill in for the Chair when Chair is not available
- Time commitment: This role is flexible based on your interests and availability. About 1 hour per week.
- Oversee the financial accounts and records
- Deposit and disburse PTO funds
- Prepare and file the PTO’s annual tax return and organizational documents
- Optional: Lead fundraising efforts
- Time commitment: Varies, usually about 1 hour or less per week, but more if leading fundraising events
- Take notes at PTO meetings
- For in-person meetings, help set up and clean up after meetings
- Optional: Help the Chair plan meetings, select guest speakers and topics, plan dinner at in-person meetings, help with technology for meetings, etc.
- Time commitment: About 2-3 hours/month
- Maintain and update PTO Facebook page and other social media
- Assist Chair with email and other communications to the school community
- Optional: Update PTO website
- Time commitment: About 1 hour/week
- Recruit and assist parent volunteers for PTO-sponsored events
- Events (in a non-COVID year) include Fall Festival, Spring Carnival, Movie Night(s), and Book Fair. We’re not sure yet what in-person events will be permitted for 2021-2022.
- Time commitment: Busier when there’s an event, but not much time required in between
- Amity Intern Program Coordinator
- This role is split between 2 parents
- Parent #1-Recruit host families and tio families, and support families during the school year
- Parent #2-Plan social events for the interns, and support interns during the school year
- Both-Work with school staff to complete Amity International paperwork, interview and select applicants